Saturday, March 6, 2010

64/365




Book Review:Push by Sapphire

I'm still trying to figure out what compelled me to read this. This is the book the movie Precious is based off of. It's about a teen girl who is beaten by her mother and molested by her father, resulting in 2 pregnancies. The "push" is this illeritate girl's desire to attend school, learn to read, and just wanting to learn in general. While inspirational in that regard, the subject matter is just so unpleasant and not what I want to think about in my free time, wether it's a reality for some or not.

A few quotes:
"Ms Rain say I seem dpress
deprssion is she say angrer turn in."

"...forgit the WHY ME shit and git on to what's next."

1 comment:

  1. yeah, I don't think I could read a book with that kind of subject matter. Hell, I can't even watch the news some days! sickening...

    ReplyDelete