Sunday, July 22, 2012

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

What Alice Forgot is about a woman who hits her head in spin class at the gym and wakes up thinking she is happily married, 28, and pregnant with her first baby. In reality she is 38, has 3 kids, and is going through a divorce. I absolutly loved this book! It reminded me how exciting life was when we were first married and had so much to look forward to. How much better my husband and I probably treated each other before the stresses of money and kids took over. While Alice is suffering through the first few days of her amnesia she cannot figure out why her husband is talking to her so different, so cold, why her body is so different, her friends so different, even her clothes. She goes over the excitment and nervousness of your first baby, in some regards it made me sad all that is behind me now. It's such a special time. It also reminded me of that time though in a fond way and to try harder to remember the happpiness we had when we were nearly married. And to think about how I've changted in the last 10 years, not just looks, but personality and values wise. I don't think this was meant to be such a deep book but for some reason it hit home for me and I just really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment