Sunday, August 26, 2012

I did a 5k!

This past weekend I participated in The CRIM FIT in Flint. Granted, out of the many options, I just do the 5K walk, only 3.2miles and just a walk, this was still big for me. 2 months ago I was pretty much inactive. Any exercise pretty much just consisted of me cleaning the house, occassional swimming with friends on their boats, and maybe a frog hunt walk now and then, but not much at all and never to the point of working up a sweat. Especially for someone of my size with so much weight to lose, I was going no where. Having had enough of the steady weight gain, being so uncomfortable traveling I'd almost want to avoid it, and just flat out uncomfortable in my own skin, thinking about certain things coming up in my life that I dread doing fat, it was time to get up and move. I've started going to the gym 4-5 times a week, walking 3 miles on the treadmill. I've lost about 25lbs so far between that and curbing how much I eat. I have an incredible amount of weight to go, this isn't even enough for anyone to notice but me and how my clothes fit, but I'm still really proud of it. I am hoping for 15more pounds by my next doctors appointment in mid October. I still drink pop, eat bad foods, but it's just in moderation. Less often, smaller amounts...coupled with being active, it's working and I'm still happy. I've found a good balance. Maybe next year it will be the 8K walk for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment