Sunday, January 17, 2010

Book Review:The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


This is such a sad and heavy book and making that all the worse is it is filled with characters that you just love. I found it unique for several reasons. The first being that Death is the narrator of the book. Certainly offers a difference perspective. Second, most if not all books I've read about this time period (Nazi, Germany) are from the Jewish perspective or if anything, more about what they went through, whereas this book is about Germans during this time and even more interesting, young ones as well and what their lives were like through this era of history. It's an incredibly heartbreaking book that is just as good as it is devastating and I am left wanting to know more of what happens next for the lives that are left at the end.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best book that I have ever read. I really really loved it.

    ReplyDelete