Thursday, October 27, 2011

Book Review - Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell


Winter's Bone was my book club's choice this month. My choice actually. We won't be meeting to discuss for a few weeks though. It is about a 16year old girl in the bone cold of winter that has to go on the hunt for her dad. Her "clan" is poverty and drugged riddled and fiersly loyal. The book was a bit jolting for me, I think I am so niave sometimes to what is happening out there, but then sometimes I think that is good, because this book is not a reality I'd ever want to know. It's depressing, sad, yet the character is so strong and dynamic, I did like the book. The lengths some will go to protect a secret in this book is something else and numbing at times. I'm interested to see how my book club peeps felt about the book too! Very fast read, I just started it yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment