Sunday, August 7, 2011

Book Review: Magic Hour by Kristen Hannah


As I've mentioned repeatedly, Kristen Hannah has become one of my favorite authors of late. I was super excited to get my hands on this book at the library. Kristen Hannah plus completely free, woot woot! Unfortunately, while not a horrible book, it is by far my least favorite of hers so far and isn't even in the same ballpark as her other books, in my opinion.

The premise is interesting enough. A local police officer calls in her troubled psychiatrist sister to help work with a "wolf girl" that was found in a tree. The girl does not talk and no one knows her story. The story unrolled rather predictably for me and the characters just never got very deep. The book was just okay, by no means bad enough to stop, but just not what I was hoping for, given my love of the authors other books. Reading the reviews, I appear to be in the minority on this though, so perhaps take my 2cents with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment