Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Review:Decison Points by George W. Bush



Picked this one up at the library. I really like to get different perspectives on everything and his presidency is no exception. I'll put out there that I voted for him twice, regretted it once. The second time was out of fear and I just never felt good about it, from the moment I placed it. I always liked him, regardless of my thoughts on his presidency, and the book didn't lessen then sentiment at all. It also made me understand some of his decisions. I found his comments on things that made headlines really interesting, especially the stuff that was often blown out of proportion and misconstrued. His side of things on stem cell research was a perspective I had never thought about before and gave me pause, although I didn't change my mind. I like that I understand more where he was coming from on so many things. He touches on everything from 9/11 to Katrina. The book is a bit lengthy for me, but I was able to plow through the whole thing and it was worth my time. I feel better educated on that era and politics even a bit, as well, which is not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment