Monday, January 9, 2012

Book Review: The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan



I can't remember if this book was cheap or free, but it was one of the two and how it ended up on my Kindle. It is about a woman who experiences something traumitizing in her youth and how that affects the rest of her life. She experiences both horrid hardships and amazing blessings along the way. As I was reading it, I really liked the main character and felt like the book was going to be very depressing. Something I didn't feel like right now. Luckily, it wasn't. It has a sad tone and you question all the time lost to Mary, the main character, but you can see that despite her seclusion, it is not a life wasted. The supporting characters are interesting and you're vested in them enough to care. The book held my attention throughout and I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment