Saturday, February 4, 2012

Book Review - Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand


Silver Girl is a fictional take on the Bernie Madoff scandel. The main character's husband is busted in a ponzi scheme and sent to jail for 150years, while she remains free but under investigation, loathed by millions, thousands of who have lost everything. In an act of desperation she calls her bff that she hasn't spoken to in years and asks to retreat to Nantucket with her for the summer. Her estranged best friend is going through her own hardship of being recently widowed and estranged from her child. The book is told between contracting voices between the two.

In true Hilderbrand fashion, the characters are flawed, enduring, and well rounded. It's the story itself that isn't incredibly gripping. I didn't find myself entralled by the book, until maybe the very end. It was a decent read at a price of buying used, but I wouldn't of been thrilled if I had spurgled to buy this new because of my love for the author. I think my expectations have gotten to high perhaps because the book really isn't that bad and I do recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment