Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Review - The Last Girls by Lee Smith


The Last Girls is about 4 women, former college mates, that come together to recreate a rafting journey they took down the Mississippi River during their college days and spread their dead friend's ashes. The book bounces narrative between the various characters and also between past and present. I really enjoy the parts of the book that focused on their college days. I found the present portions boring. Not horribly bad, but not gripping and I wasn't excited to read this book everynight. I also felt like the main character wasted a big junk of her life based off of what happened in college and that made me sad and fustrated to think about. For me, the novel was just okay, I didn't find much special about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment